NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 4, 2015 – The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA) and Women in Insurance & Financial Services (WIFS) will form a partnership to strengthen collaboration of programs that advance member professional development and education, and support political advocacy and engagement. NAIFA and WIFS announced the partnership today during NAIFA’s Career Conference and Annual Meeting in New Orleans.
“NAIFA and WIFS are closely aligned in our commitments to advance the knowledge and professionalism of insurance and financial advisors and position our members as industry leaders in financial services,” said NAIFA CEO Kevin Mayeux, CAE. “Studies show that American’s ability to save and plan for retirement is at an all-time low, so the need for consumer access to affordable, professional financial advice is critical. This partnership reflects NAIFA’s commitment to ensure our members have the knowledge to serve their clients, as well as our commitment to diversify the workforce with talented women advisors in the field,” Mayeux said. The NAIFA-WIFS partnership also will help unify our voice on Capitol Hill at a time of unprecedented challenges in the legislative and regulatory environment, Mayeux added.
“WIFS welcomes the evolving collaborative relationship with NAIFA. This partnership speaks to our commitment to advancing women, supporting our members and lending our voice to the industry” said WIFS President Susan L. Combs
NAIFA and WIFS have collaborated successfully on previous programs that benefit members. Opportunities for formal collaboration in the area of professional development and education include:
- WIFS-hosted breakfasts and workshops at the NAIFA Career Conference and Annual Meeting, and NAIFA-hosted events at the WIFS National Conference (see conference schedule, Monday, Oct. 5)
- The production, promotion and distribution of joint NAIFA/WIFS webinars on industry practices and resources.
- Distribution of the NAIFA-sponsored Advisor 2020 workshop through WIFS channels.
- WIFS’ collaboration on NAIFA’s LUTCF designation, LILI program, and other NAIFA programming.
- Continued WIFS participation in joint programming with NAIFA state and local associations.
Opportunities for collaboration in advocacy and government relations include:
- NAIFA and WIFS will form a joint task force to foster greater collaboration of advocacy efforts and leadership across both organizations.
- NAIFA will represent WIFS on industry task forces and coalitions that work to advance the parties’ mutual interests on key legislative and regulatory issues.
- NAIFA will represent WIFS on Capitol Hill, before regulatory agencies, in state capitals, and with state insurance departments.
- NAIFA will provide advocacy experts at WIFS meetings and conferences, and offer customized government relations webinars and other presentations.
- WIFS will promote member participation in NAIFA’s annual Congressional Conference.
- NAIFA will provide grassroots advocacy training for WIFS members.
- WIFS will encourage WIFS members to participate in NAIFA state association Days at the Capitol.
“NAIFA’s leadership in grassroots, along with our record of promoting positive legislative and regulatory outcomes, benefit our members and the entire industry,” Mayeux said. “As advocacy partners, NAIFA and WIFS will work together to form and even stronger voice that ensures lawmakers understand and make informed decisions about the industry.”
About NAIFA: Founded in 1890 as The National Association of Life Underwriters (NALU), NAIFA is one of the nation’s oldest and largest associations representing the interests of insurance professionals from every Congressional district in the United States. NAIFA members assist consumers by focusing their practices on one or more of the following: life insurance and annuities, health insurance and employee benefits, multiline, and financial advising and investments. NAIFA’s mission is to advocate for a positive legislative and regulatory environment, enhance business and professional skills, and promote the ethical conduct of its members.
About WIFS: Founded in 1936, WIFS is the preeminent professional organization for women in the insurance and financial services industry, Women in Insurance & Financial Services (WIFS) is dedicated to attracting capable women to the insurance and financial services sector, developing their talents and advancing them toward their fullest potential.